Monday, July 6, 2009

GOATUCATION - What Do You Prefer to Eat?

Welcome back for another exciting installment of Goatucation. Today's question comes from Statch at WannaBe in the Country. She wants to know what we goats here on the Happy Goats Farm prefer to eat. Well if I was to answer that honestly I would say GRAIN, GRAIN, GRAIN AND MORE GRAIN.


But a goat can't live on grain alone so we do eat other things here on the Farm. You all know about our hay. We don't eat much of it in the summer but we practically live on it in the winter.


In the summer we have lots of tasty weeds and green grass to eat. I especially love the knapweed that grows around the Farm. Yum, yum. The male person is very happy when I eat it.



Jillian always goes for the tall green grass. I like that too, but I like the knapweed better.




The boys like to graze over by the trees. Sometimes they like to butt the trees. But they are boys.




Sometimes we sneak into the mulch pile and eat some of the interesting things that have been tossed in there. I often find cornstalks and the like. I don't know what Kevin found this day.


Since the chickens have moved into my pen we tend to eat the chicken feed that they spill. Chicken feed is, of course, GRAIN.




Hmmm, who is in the grain bucket?


At night we get our goat treat which more often than not is apple. I really like apple. Can you tell?



Later in the summer we will have other items for goat treat like leaves from the broccoli and cauliflower plants and beet greens. All of these things are quite yummy.

And I can't forget pine trees, we love pine trees and spruce trees too!
I guess we goats get a lot of good things to eat here on the Farm. I guess you could say we were spoiled goats.

Thanks for another great Goatucation question. Please keeping asking questions!!!! I love to answer them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin