Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Chickens are Here!

Oh yes, the long talked about chickens have arrived on the Happy Goats Farm. I heard their little peeps as the male person brought them out of his truck. I don't know about this. I am not going to share my blog time with chickens! And this is the Happy GOATS Farm. Harrumphff. Now the male person has told me that I will like having the chickens around. He has told me that the chickens will eat the annoying grasshoppers that come to the Farm in the summer. I hope this is true. I really don't like the grasshoppers. These chickens are Rhode Island Reds. They are going lay nice eggs for the publicist to use in her baking. She loves to bake. I like it when she bakes things with apples. Then I and, well, the other goats get the peelings. I am sure you all remember the fun we had with the great Tale of the Extra Goat Treat.


The chickens arrived in a box! That's right a box. From the Post Office! They came from a place called Murray McMurray it is a hatchery and very cool store that is all things chicken. ( I was not paid to say that.) The male person ordered the chicks a long time ago and it turns out it was a good thing because there are now no chicks to be had locally. It seems a lot of people are wanting chickens this year. The male person took the chicks out of their little box - I am sorry the photo is not so good. The publicist still has trouble with her flash. She is stubborn about reading the thing the commenter told us about. The thing called an "instruction manual."





The chicks all rushed under their heat lamp to get warm. They were all given a nice drink of water by the publicist and the male person. Then they drank lots more out of their little water bottles.





Then the male person put their food feeders in and it was like a chicken explosion in there. Chicks running everywhere. They really liked their chick food. That is good. It will help them grow big and strong so if I butt them it won't bother them much. Did I really just write that? I will try and be a good goat. The male person is going to build them something called a chicken tractor. Note the word "going." He hasn't done it yet. The chicks arrived a week earlier than he was expecting them. Plus they have to stay in the basement for a long time yet before they are ready to go outside.




I hope you liked reading about the new chickens on the Farm. In honor of their arrival I am going to have a blog sale on my Rooster in the Goat Pen Soaps and my Chicks All Right with Pricilla Soaps. If you use the word "blog" in the notes to seller at checkout you will get a 20% discount on these soaps to celebrate the arrival of the chicks. The blog sale will run through May 15th. So now is your chance to get some of my rich soap at a nice discount.




Also, don't forget to sign up for my newsletter. I would be remiss in not reminding you about the drawing for THREE BARS of my rich soap for subscribers. All who sign up through May 16th will be entered.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin