Saturday, May 23, 2009

Here Chick, Chick, Chick!

I have had several people ask me about the Farm chickens. They haven't disappeared; they are still living in the basement of the publicist's house. She has been known to mumble things about the chickens getting to live in her house before she does. I am not quite sure what this means. It must be some strange human thing....

But anyway the chickens are growing and growing and growing. They will soon have enough feathers to go outside into their chicken tractors. The male person is going to build them this weekend. I have heard rumors of these chicken tractors coming into our goat pens. I am not sure of what I think about this. I do know that Michael the buck is going to butt the heck out them. I mean, he butts the plywood stack so why wouldn't he butt the chicken tractor?



Right now the publicist says the chicks all look like they have the mange. I am not sure what this mange is but after having seen the chickens I never want to have it! Oooooh are they bad looking. Half down and half feathers. They are scary looking. But if you look closely you can now start to tell the hens from the roosters. The roosters' combs are bigger and spikier than the hens'.





The publicist has also figured out the mystery of the little blue mystery chick! Turns out he is a Blue Andalusian. The male person is happy about this because his tail feathers are good for use in flies for the fly fishing that he likes to do in the spare time he doesn't have. It looks like he is going to be a very pretty rooster.



The chickens are still hard to photograph as they are inside under their warming light. And Mr. Andalusian kept running away from the camera. Hopefully when they get outside the publicist will be able to get some better photos. Not to mention the fact that they will be in full feather instead of this mangy current state. They sure do peep up a storm. I was amazed at how much noise they made. Silly chickens!




I hope you have enjoyed this update on the feathered members of the Farm. Now we just have to keep the felines off of the feathers and we will be fine.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin