Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lazy Grazy Days

Lately it has seemed like summer here on the Farm. The sun has been shining and it has been very warm. Since I am an African goat this is MY kind of weather. All that beautiful sunshine is causing the grass to grow. The yummy weeds too. Fresh greens taste so good after a winter of eating nothing buy hay. The publicist has been letting us all out to graze and it has been wonderful.
Michael and Luke went to their favorite place over by the barn. They like it there because there are lots of little pine trees to eat.

Jillian and Mallory are just getting a feel for the Farm. They are still learning their way around and finding where the good grass is. They went grazing over by the riverbank.

Little Kevin is learning to eat his greens. This is good because it means he isn't attached to me all the time. Not that I mind nursing him but it is nice to be able to go out and about, you know?

I practiced some stealth grazing. This way I got to eat all the tasty new shoots and no one else knew they were there. Plus you never know what you might see when you are hiding.

Even Fred the cat got in on the grazing action.

I love these days and I hope they last but I heard the publicist talking about something called a front. It seems the weather is going to be changing and and it is going to get colder. Oh well. I know summer is not too far away. The grass will continue to grow and the weeds too.

Remember to sign up for my newsletter. Everyone who signs up through May 16th is entered into a drawing for THREE BARS of my rich soap. Woo hoo! So what do you have to lose?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin