Monday, August 10, 2009

Goatucation - Can You Keep a Goat in the House?

It is time for another Goatucation. Hooray! Today's question comes from The Small Town Mommy - she asks, "Can you keep a goat in the house like a pot-bellied pig or would she be unhappy?"


Now, I have heard tales of goats staying in houses when they were tiny kids but as they got older it simply would not work. For one things - and I don't mean to be indelicate here - we goats just go to the bathroom wherever and whenever we choose. This would make a major mess in your house and I am sure you would get mad at the goat. This would not be good.


We goats like to graze when we eat. We nibble a little here, we munch a bit there. That way we don't totally eat away all the grasses and weeds at one time.







Then there is the butting thing. I am sure a goat like Abby would butt the heck out of your nice furniture. That would not be a good thing. But that IS Abby. Now if the Small Town Mommy would LIKE Abby she just needs to send me her address and I will see what I can do....(just don't tell the publicist!)





There are also some goats that would eat your morning paper before you had a chance to read it - MICHAEL.





I hope this helped to answer your question about house living goats. Tune in tomorrow to see a day in the life of the publicist. Hmmm, I'll bet it's busy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin