Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cock-A-Doodle-Whaaaaa?

I have not told you about the chickens in quite some time and given the recent erm, activities of the Blue Andalusian rooster I think it is time I updated you on the birds in my goat pen. The male person and the publicist haven't named all the chickens, there are just too many of them but they do refer to the blue chicken as "Blue Guy." Hmmm, I do not think this is very original. Not at all, but I am not a human. He has turned into a very pretty chicken, as chickens go.




The big news in chicken world is Blue Guy has started crowing! Well, sort of crowing. He goes, "cock - a - doodle - aaaaaaaeeeeh." It's a very funny sound. The even funnier part of his crowing is his need to be on top of something when he makes his attempts. He crows from the top of their waterer...




Then he jumps down to find a grasshopper to eat. I must admit I am glad the chickens are eating the grasshoppers; they are very annoying bugs. I did not think I would like the chickens in my goat pen but they are serving some good.


He crows from the side of the chicken tractor....


He even crows from the roof of the chicken tractor!



I am beginning to wonder if he has the same hopping gene that Kevin the goat has!

I think he is teaching the other roosters how to crow. One of the Rhode Island Reds made an interesting sound today. Uh-oh!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin