Friday, February 20, 2009

Feature Friday - BudanART

After all of the stress of dealing with that mean paparazzo yesterday I am happy today to just do my "rogue" thing and talk about a very talented artist from Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have to deal with the paparazzi herself since her art is becoming so popular! Perhaps she can give me some tips.


I would like to introduce you to Mandy Budan from budanART. In reading her profile on etsy you will see this: "I am a Canadian artist who works primarily in acrylic. Inspired by nature, I use strong colour, discrete shapes and rhythmic patterns to create paintings which can be enjoyed for both their abstract and realistic qualities." Mandy's work is truly alive with movement and color. In fact, there are some of them that are so green and leafy I almost took a nibble! But that would destroy their beauty, wouldn't it?



What drew my publicist into Mandy's shop in the first place was her painting entitled Summer Tree. I can see why; it full of so many rich and beautiful shades and it almost looks like a stained glass window.









Mandy's newer work is getting bolder and brighter. I love this one called Abstract Poppy Flower - Scarlet Interior. It looks good enough to eat, except I am not supposed to eat poppies.





And this one, titled Among Friends. Wouldn't that make a great gift for a.....FRIEND? Hee hee, I couldn't resist.









Mandy will also, if the topic grabs her fancy, take commission work. This one is called Patty's Montana. Hmmmmm, I wonder who asked her to paint it?











Her pieces come in various sizes: 8.5 x 11" Prints, 13 x 19" Prints, 5 x 7" Chunky Art Prints, 8 x 10" Chunky Art Prints, 8 x 10" Double Chunky (two in one!) If you see a print you like and it is not available in a size you want Mandy can usually work with you. She also makes high quality note cards in series of Summer, Spring, Fall and Winter utilizing her lovely prints. Plus magnets! Whew, Mandy is one busy artist!


I suggest you pop on into her shop for a look-see. I am planning to redecorate my goat house soon and know I will be choosing several of Mandy's pieces to brighten up my life. I just have to keep Abigail from eating them......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin