Monday, October 12, 2009

Goatucation - Back to Basics. All about The Nigerian Dwarf Goat

For today's Goatucation I thought I would start at the very beginning as they say, and tell you all about, well, ME. The Nigerian Dwarf Goat. Maybe I will write about Jillian and Mallory on another day. They are not Nigerian Dwarf Goats - they are another breed so I don't think they are as special. Harumph!

We Nigerian Dwarf goats are a miniature breed of goat brought over from West Africa and we give a rather good bit of milk for our size. Right now the publicist is getting just about two quarts a day when she milks me and Abby. I have to admit that most of it comes from Abby because she is only three years old while I am getting on in years.  Hey, it happens to all of us - just look at the publicist. She is an old goat too.

We come in a variety of colors as you can see just from the goats on this Farm.  I am brown with white spots



  

Abby is black with just a couple of white spots




and Luke looks like a cow.




 Hi Luke you handsome hunk of goat! I can't wait for our date!

Ok, sorry about that. 

Back to the Goatucation. Our milk has a rather high level of butterfat too which makes it very yummy to drink. It is around 4 - 6%. This is why it makes such good cheese and ice cream, not to mention my rich soap. ( I am nothing if not a good SpokesGoat.) 

Since we are so small in size and very friendly we are good for people who want milk for their families. We are easy to train (heh heh) and manage (heh heh again).

If anyone would like to know even more about Nigerian Dwarf Goats here is the link to the Nigerian Dwarf Goat Association.

Hmmm, I have never been invited to the convention. I wonder what is up with that?

Tomorrow: Just WHAT is Jillian doing?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin