Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A (Good) Day in the Life of the Publicist - Part II

So today I continue to regale you with how our beloved publicist spends her day. I and the other goats feel she should spend her whole day just tending to our needs but the publicist seems to think she has a life outside of the goat pen. Hmmmm, I am not so sure about this but we will see.

We left off yesterday after the publicist had put us in our pens in the morning. We then get to relax, munch on some tasty weeds and bask in the sun.


Aaaaah, it's a goat's life.

The first thing the publicist does then is have a nice cup of fresh ground coffee that the male person makes for her while she oversees me writing my blog. She is much happier after her coffee - but don't tell her I said that.




She had lots to do this day starting with all of this in from the garden


She already had a lot of zucchinis in her refrigerator so she shred some, she cut some up in discs to freeze and she made 6 loaves of zucchini bread. Most of them went in the freezer for later. I am sure you humans think this looks yummy but I would rather just have the zucchini!


The beans get blanched and frozen in bags. There are snow peas too but they are hidden under the beans. Same with the broccoli. The publicist doesn't have to buy any vegetables all winter long because of how much the male person's garden grows.





Then she unmolded her cheddar cheese and put it out to dry. She already has a Colby curing and will be making lots more cheese thanks to the fact that she is babysitting some goats for the next week and a half and will be getting lots and lots of milk.



Then it was time to let us out for our mid-day graze and check our water. Michael said "hello" in his usual fashion. Silly Michael!



The publicist then went back in the trailer to finish working on her vegetables. And to label and package some of my rich soap. I have trouble with that part because of my hooves.

Then it was time for us to back into the barn. Yay!

Grain!

Apples!

Do we look excited, or what?!



The publicist opens the gate and we all run up to the barn as fast as we can... (the boys went up first otherwise the picture would not be useable in a family blog)



Be sure to come back tomorrow for the last installment of A (Good) Day in the Life of the Publicist. I'll bet you know how it plays out....

Don't forget my soap sale! If you buy a Harry the CowGoat Soap your entire order will be 15% off! What a great time to stock up on my rich soap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin