Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Chicks Have GROWN!


The publicist let me have a gander (ha ha) at the little chicks and I am amazed at how much they have grown in just a few days. They are living in the basement of her yurt in something called a brooder. They will stay there until they are old enough and strong enough to go outside. It is still pretty cold around here so it is good they are inside where it is warm. They also have a nice light to help keep them nice and toasty.



There are 52 chicks in all (!) 51 of them are the Rhode Island Red chickens and there is one little guy that is a mystery chick. The publicist and male person have been unable to identify him as of yet. He is grey with black eyebrows and they think he is some kind of banty chicken. They are going to have to wait until he gets bigger to know for sure.


They are very funny; they will stretch their little legs and wings out and then settle down for a nap all in a little bunch.



They also like to flock around the food. I don't blame them for this. I am all for food.



The male person bought BIG feeders for when the move outside but they are still too big for the chicks.



Although the little grey chick gave it his best shot...


...and he hopped right in to eat the chick food.



Silly chick!

I think it is going to be interesting to have these chickens on the Farm. I guess it is better than more goats!

Don't forget that you can get The Chicks All Right with Pricilla Soap on sale for 20% off right now. Just mention "blog" in the notes to seller. The Rooster soap too! It's a great time to try my rich soap! Because not everyone can win the THREE BARS I am giving away in my newsletter contest....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin